Agricultural Building Permit Application Information
All agricultural buildings including but not limited to barns, storage buildings and sheds require a building permit. The current fee for agricultural buildings is $25.00. Please make check/money order out to the City of St. Hedwig and turn in with application.
Residential Building Permit Application information
Single family residences in most areas of the City require a minimum acreage of 5 acres per residence with 100 foot road frontage; please refer to the St Hedwig Zoning Ordinance for more information. Please contact us if you have less than five acres or less than the required minimum road frontage as we will need additional information prior to building permit issuance. The fee for single family residence permits is 1% of the appraisal value of the residence.
- All construction within the City Limits and ETJ must secure a building permit.
- As adopted by the City of St. Hedwig on April 7th, 2011 with Ordinance number 1102: The International Residential Code, 2006 edition, excluding any appendices, as published by the International Code Council, be and is hereby adopted as the Residential Code of the City of St. Hedwig, Texas, for regulating and governing the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, location, removal and demolition of residential structures.
- To ensure code compliance with the the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), and a number of state codes, ResCheck must be completed by the contractor and submitted with application. For your information, the direct link to the web based program is: https://energycode.pnl.gov/REScheckWeb/
- The Home Page for for the Rescheck program is: http://www.energycodes.gov/rescheck/
- For all inspections from start to final, the City’s inspection company will be utilized even if the home builder supplies their own.
- Building Permits will only be reviewed and/or issued when sufficient plans, details, site plans and fees are submitted so as to determine compliance with all applicable codes.
- Residential Building Permit Cover Letter (READ FIRST)
- 2008 Approved Lighting Fixtures
- Residential Submittal Requirements (3 pages)
- Bureau Veritas Typical New Residential Inspections
- Lot size/frontage requirements/setback requirements
- Bexar County driveway construction specs
- Bexar County Culvert Specs
- Residential and Agricultural Building Permit Application
- Helpful Phone Numbers
We have three distinct Business Districts and each have their own list of allowed businesses (see zoning map on Planning and Zoning page). Please contact us before deciding to build so as to make sure your type of business is allowed in that location and to ensure all paperwork is submitted.
Items for consideration:
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Sign Ordinance; Light Ordinance
- Commercial Certificate of Occupancy (Required to be able to open for business)
- Historic Downtown District Building Design Guidelines
Items required in addition to what is listed in the Building Permit Application:
- Texas Health Permit requirements for Food Service Establishments- (Food Service Only) www.dshs.state.tx.us/foodestablishments/startnew.shtm
- Texas Department of License and Regulation for Architectural Barriers Project Number- Required by the State of Texas for all commercial projects http://www.license.state.tx.us/ab/ablaw.htm
- Appropriate City Fees- contact us for more information